At M.E. Contracting, your leading landscaping company in Toronto, we’ve worked with hundreds of homeowners to design and install their inground pools. We’ve entered into every project determined to help each client get the most from their budget so they can make memories that will last a lifetime. Along the way our pool builders have also learned a thing or two about people; in particular our clients and their experience before, during and after an installation. In this post we’ll share some recommendations based on our insights.
The Pool Builders Short List of Helpful Tips
Installing a pool is a unique type of construction process, one that has its own challenges and rewards. We’ve seen enough through the years to know that it’s sometimes a process that’s made more difficult than it needs to be. So here’s a short list of recommendations, based on our experience, that can help your pool installation go smoothly.
1) Prepare for disruptions – Some folks think installing an inground pool is no more complicated than digging a nice neat hole and plunking the pool down in it: done! If only it were so. Pool installation is a messy business and one that will essentially take over your yard for a few weeks. Prepare accordingly; i.e. don’t go planning any barbeques during the time the pool builders will be on site.
2) Don’t wait until summer to install a pool – Summertime is the busiest time of the year for pool companies. As such you may have to wait in line for your installation because the pool builders are dealing with a backlog. Schedule installation for early spring and not only will you have the pool company’s undivided attention you may even get a break in the price.
3) Don’t cut corners on the deck – We understand that pools represent a significant investment. Still, it doesn’t pay to cut corners on the surrounding environment. By investing in the deck area, the surrounding landscaping and little touches like waterfalls and lighting you’ll be creating a complete experience; one that everyone who uses the pool will appreciate.
4) Be mindful of the depth – One aspect of pool design that sometimes gets overlooked is pool depth. Folks often think ‘A pool is a pool’ and order one whose deep end is unsafe for younger kids. Or they’ll go the other way and order a shallow pool when it’s intended exclusively for adults. Put some thought into the proper pool depth. You’ll be glad you did.
5) Don’t ask too much of the pool – Pools can be great fun and provide lasting memories for everyone. What a pool won’t do is change your life, make you rich(er) or handsome(r), or guarantee you’ll get that promotion at work. The point is this: install a pool because you want some fun and relaxation, not because you think it will turn you into a social or business lion.
6) Take common sense steps to reduce liability – As pool builders we often hear that pools will cause homeowner insurance policies to skyrocket. This is almost never the case as long as you take certain steps to safeguard the pool. Install a fence around your yard and a second around the pool area that has a locking gate. When no one is home cover the pool with a security cover. None of these steps will impact your ability to enjoy your pool and all of them will keep your insurance costs down.
If you’ve decided it’s time to install an inground pool on your property call the pool builders more Toronto homeowners trust than any other for installations that are affordable and trouble free. Call us at M.E. Contracting, Toronto today!