Congratulations! You’ve decided to install a beautiful new fibreglass pool in your Toronto yard. The kids are looking forward to endless fun and you can start scheduling those relaxing evenings that will melt away the stress of the work day. But before you go ahead and schedule your first pool party you’ll want to think about a few amenities that can bring the pool area to life. In this post our pool builders will take a look at some of their favourite poolside features.
Our Pool Builders List of “Must Have” Poolside Features
A great pool is an experience from the moment you approach it until you retire to the house relaxed and rejuvenated, and it takes more than a few feet of water to create an experience. Below are some of the features our pool builders recommend to create an unforgettable pool environment.
- Waterfall – Poolside waterfalls today come in every conceivable size and configuration. From minimalist horizontal slivers of water that add near silent sophistication to the environment to artificially created rocky outcroppings that extend meters into the surrounding air and are covered with lush plant life. Finding the right one for you will be a matter of finding a balance between your personal tastes and the surrounding landscape.
- Adjoining spa – Adding a spa to the pool area – especially one that is slightly raised above the height of the pool and spills over into it – will add visual appeal and create a soothing atmosphere whether you use it or not. But use it you should because spending some time letting the spa jets carry away your stress will elevate the entire pool experience.
- Fountains – In recent years pool owners have discovered the joys of adding a fountain to the poolside deck area. These fountains add an unmistakable upscale air to the pool proceedings and like waterfalls, can be as simple or elaborate as you wish. Our pool builders are in near unanimous agreement that no contemporary pool area should be without one.
- Deck jets – Deck jets are another relatively new poolside feature that have caught on and are adding both beauty and fun to the poolside experience. When combined with LED lighting spectacular effects are created that will produce a stunning backdrop for evening and night-time entertainment.
- Hot tub – Take the concept of the adjoining spa to the next level by introducing a hot tub to the pool environment. Leave the workday behind, slide into hot tub hydrotherapy and allow yourself to be cradled by the buoyancy and penetrating heat. When you finally slip into the pool to complete the experience you’ll wonder how you ever lived any other way.
- Comprehensive lighting scheme – During the daytime the pool and home environments are thematically joined to each other by way of architectural lines and shared materials. Once the sun goes down these connections are largely lost in the dark. A well considered lighting scheme creates its own sightlines, highlights and focal points, joining the home to the pool area in new ways and drawing attention to features often lost in the blaze of sunlight.
Our pool builders also recommend you consider bubbler fountains along with fire bowls, tiki lamps and that ultimate poolside amenity the outdoor kitchen; which can tie your pool area seamlessly to the home and help create the total backyard experience.
At M.E. your leading landscaping company, we specialize in creating memorable backyard environments to suit every taste and budget. If you’ve decided to install a fibreglass pool in your Toronto backyard give us a call. We can handle the installation itself along with the creation of a poolside environment that will make you the envy of friends and neighbours.