There is nothing quite like a swimming pool in your backyard when summer finally arrives. Being able to enjoy a dip whenever you fancy, inviting friends and family over to relax on the decking and splash in the shallows, and swimming every morning to improve your fitness levels all make a pool a highly attractive proposition. The trouble is, a well-built pool can cost a considerable amount of money. If you would really like to have one in your backyard but you do not wish to spend a fortune for the privilege, take a look at our guide to building a swimming pool on a budget and how local Toronto pool contractors can help you to achieve your aim.
Experienced Pool Contractors Realize Your Dreams on a Small Budget
By hiring a company that has a great deal of experience in the industry and that charges competitive rates, you could realize your dream of having a pool in your backyard without facing bankruptcy proceedings once the work has been completed!
- Using a Fibreglass Mould – A concrete pool will almost certainly cost too much if you are working with a limited amount of money. Vinyl liners are the cheapest option but because they tend to need replacing after a few years, we recommend choosing fibreglass. Doing so will enable you to have a decent-sized pool installed at a reasonable cost, without the prospect of high maintenance fees in the coming months and years.
- Starting with a Small Patio Area – A wide area of pavers around your pool will give you plenty of space to place sun loungers and chairs so that you can make the most of your new installation. However, it will also drive up the cost so you may like to start with a small paved area and add to it at a later date. The pool contractors you approach should be willing to quote for a project that includes the pouring of concrete for the desired paved area but only includes a minimal number of pavers to start with.
- Suggesting You Install Your Own Fence – You can cut costs by choosing to install your own perimeter fencing rather than having your contractor do the work. How much money you will save by doing so will depend on the pool contractors you are thinking of hiring and how much they charge to erect fencing.
- Performing an Out of Season Installation – Toronto pool builders may be able to help you to cut the cost of a new installation by offering to perform the necessary work in the fall rather than the spring or summer. By installing your pool out of season, they can probably offer you a better deal than would be the case if you choose to have the work done in the middle of the summer.
- Installing a Heater at a Later Date – Heaters can be very expensive so adding one later will save you a significant amount on initial installation costs. As all reputable pool contractors will confirm, it is often easier to judge whether you really need a heater once you have been using your pool for a season or two.
At ME Contracting, we specialize in the building of high quality pools to strict budgets. Just let us know how much you are happy to spend, along with details of the type of pool you would like to have installed, and we will do our utmost to turn your dreams into reality without exceeding your budget. If you want to work with the best pool contractors in the city, call us today!