If you’d like to add curb appeal and value to your Toronto home, you don’t need to redo everything from the street to the back fence. There are actually a number of small to medium scale projects you can undertake that will provide the desired result. Some can be handled by a skilled do-it-yourselfer while others call for a leading Toronto landscaping contractor. The great thing is none of them will break your bank. In this post we’ll look at some of the best ways you can add beauty and value to your yard this year.
Take These Landscaping Contractor Tips to the Bank
There are many more components to a great yard than there may appear to be at first glance and revamping any of them will typically result in all the surrounding area getting a boost. With that in mind here are 7 tips for enhancing your Toronto yard.
- Install guide-lights along pathways – Installing lights along pathways leading to the front door and again along pathways in the yard that lead to the pool or the outdoor kitchen is a great and affordable way to quickly enhance your home’s curb appeal. It will also make navigating those pathways at night much safer.
- Create a berm – Berms are an easy way to create visual interest through the use of stones, mulch and various plants and to tie other elements of the yard together as well. Berms are a great way to create a more flowing, natural feel to your yard and to lay the groundwork for future enhancements like waterfalls or winding paths.
- Install interlocking pavers – Replacing your current concrete slab driveway and paths with interlocking pavers will enhance every aspect of your property. Interlocking pavers ratchet up the overall appeal of your home several notches by giving it a timeless, luxurious feel. Our leading Toronto landscaping contractor is happy to take your call, give you expert advice, and help you get started.
- Put an edge on the driveway – If the idea of installing pavers on your driveway and paths doesn’t really appeal to you try just edging the driveway. Edging is an affordable DIY project that will add curb appeal yet not require you to make any large-scale changes.
- Install some planters – Big, generously shaped planters scattered about the patio and/or pool area can really lend an air of old world sophistication to a yard and won’t cost you an arm and a leg. Carefully selecting the right flora to occupy the planters will also go a long way toward enhancing their visual appeal.
- Fix the backyard puddles – If your yard has a habit of turning into the Minesing Swamp every time it rains it’s time to finally address that issue once and for all. Call a professional landscaping contractor in to devise a proper strategy for solving it. You’ll not only free yourself from an eyesore you’ll automatically increase your property’s market value.
- Introduce water – Now that you’ve rid your yard of the standing water/mosquito nursery put water to work for you in the right way. Create small ponds in the garden with one or two gentle waterfalls. Introduce small concrete statuary in discrete places near the water to add a quiet, contemplative air to the garden. And don’t forget a bench where you can take it all in.
Get in Touch with a Top Toronto Landscaping Contractor
M.E. Contracting can help you create any type of backyard effect you’re after; from small, intimate nooks to landscaping designs that cover your entire Toronto property and everything in between. If you’re looking for new and exciting ways to enhance the beauty and experience of your yard give the GTA’s best landscaping contractor a call and explore possibilities.