Interlocking pavers are a concept that goes back thousands of years to the days of ancient Greece and Rome. They’re one of the most durable methods of construction ever invented and in Toronto and other North American cities today you’ll still find pavers in use that were laid down during colonial times. While the particulars of interlocking construction remain basically the same as they were in olden times today’s interlocking contractors have expressive possibilities the ancients only dreamed of. In this post we’ll look at ways interlocking companies can help increase your property’s value.
The Many Ways Interlocking Pavers Add Value
Interlocking pavers today come in a dizzying array of sizes, shapes, colours and textures that open up previously unimagined design possibilities for interlocking companies. They’ll elevate the look and feel of your entire property and add value in the following ways:
- Curb appeal: Talented interlocking companies like M.E. Contracting will create driveways and walkways that instil a timelessness to your property no other landscaping element can touch. The enhanced curb appeal alone will result in a significant bump in your home’s marketability and value both short and long term. So even if you’re not of a mind to sell today you’ll still achieve a more attractive price down the road due to your interlocking hardscape elements.
- Extreme durability: The interlocking pavers installed in your driveway or on your home’s walkways today will still be in place doing their job many decades from now. Home buyers will appreciate the fact that they won’t be saddled with the cost of replacing the concrete or asphalt driveway every 10 years or so and this will make the home a more attractive and valuable proposition.
- Low maintenance: Interlocking pavers are virtually maintenance free and will be from the day they’re installed through to the time when your great-grandchildren own the house. They won’t buckle or crack due to the freeze/thaw cycle the way concrete and asphalt can either. This aspect of interlocking goes hand in hand with the material’s incredible durability to enhance your property’s overall marketability and value.
- Water management: With concrete or asphalt hardscaping no water can permeate the pavement. Runoff occurs at the edges of the paved area where impromptu streams are created or it simply runs off into the street and the awaiting storm sewer. Permeable interlocking pavers allow water to penetrate to the ground below benefitting the health of all the flora on your property and helping elevate its value.
- Enhanced safety: Safety? Yes safety. Interlocking companies can install pavers with slip resistant textured surfaces that reduce the risk of slipping on wet walkways. This form of increased protection from slip and fall injuries will enhance your home’s value as well. In addition, since interlocking pavers won’t buckle and crack as a result of the freeze/thaw cycle there won’t be any uneven pavement sections for people to trip on.
The Gold Standard of Interlocking Companies
A well designed interlocking scheme can add value to your property in all the ways mentioned above and more. M.E. Contracting are the gold standard of interlocking companies in Toronto with an impressive list of satisfied clients and a track record for designing some of the most beautifully evocative interlocking designs in the industry.
If you’re looking for a cost-effective way to ramp up the value of your property while also making it more beautiful, efficient and safe consider installing interlocking pavers in your driveway and walkways. Call M.E. Contracting today on 416-238-6700 to learn more about the many ways interlocking pavers can increase your property’s value and desirability.