Tips from a Toronto Landscaping Company
A beautiful yard and garden can make your summers in Toronto a much more enjoyable experience so it is well worth preparing outside areas before the fine weather arrives. With this in mind, we have put together a guide to getting your garden and yard ready for the warmer months of the year that should make your task a little easier. If you require any specific advice relating to planted areas or hardscaping, please do not hesitate to call or email us whenever convenient. We have many years of experience in the area and are very familiar with the yard and garden problems that are commonly encountered by homeowners across the GTA.
What the Toronto Landscaping Company Experts Recommend?
Having consulted every member of our experienced team, we collated their ideas regarding summer yard and garden preparation work so that you can work your way through the suggestions one by one or just pick those that appeal to you.
- Prune Your Trees – If you have shade trees in your yard that need reshaping or pruning in any way, the best time to do this is just before the warm weather arrives. In this way, you will be giving your trees the whole of the growing season to heal. Light pruning work can sometimes be tackled without any outside help but for taller trees or more difficult jobs, it is best to hire an experienced tree surgeon.
- Adjust Your Irrigation System – Whether you have manual or automatic sprinklers, or something a little more sophisticated, now is the time to start a more intensive watering schedule. A good, deep soaking early in the morning will help to promote strong root development in shrubs, flowers and turfed areas, which in turn will help all of your plants to survive the hottest weather without wilting and dying.
- Put Down Mulch – A nice thick layer of mulch on your flower beds and around your shrubs will help to keep precious moisture locked in the soil during the summer and will also make it harder for weeds to establish themselves. You can purchase large quantities of good quality mulch from your local Toronto landscaping company or from a nearby garden centre.
- Aerate Your Lawn – You can either accomplish this task manually or with the help of a motorized aerator but the end result is the same: an evenly aerated lawn that will allow nutrients and water to penetrate the soil and reach the roots more easily. This is especially important during the summer months when plants are growing at their fastest rate and need all the help they can get.
- Service Your Lawnmower – As you will be mowing on a regular basis throughout the summer, you should make time to service your lawnmower in early spring if possible. If you are not confident in your ability to carry out a thorough service, you can search for a local mechanic online. If you are unable to find a suitably qualified service technician in your part of the GTA, please do not hesitate to ask us for a recommendation. As a reputable Toronto landscaping company, you can rely on us for honest advice and opinions at all times.
- Plant More Flowers – If your yard and garden are lacking colour, now is an excellent time to add some more in the form of annual and perennial flowering plants. If you need to create new flower beds before doing this, please feel free to call and ask us for a quotation for the necessary work. We have a great deal of experience working with all types of residential yards in Toronto and would be delighted to help you add a splash of colour to your home this summer. By planting new flowers in the spring, you will give them time to establish themselves before the main growing season starts and they will then be able to take full advantage of the sunshine, water, and nutrients on offer throughout the summer. While not so important for seasonal flowers, this is especially beneficial for perennial flowering plants.
- Erect New Fencing – If your existing garden fencing has seen better days or simply does not provide you with the privacy that you desire, it is well worth considering investing in some new fencing this year. As your trustworthy local Toronto landscaping company, we will, of course, be happy to supply and erect new fencing for you, if you desire. Just pick up the phone and let us know what you need: we will prepare a detailed quotation for you to evaluate after surveying the site in question (if we feel that it is necessary to do so). With brand new fencing obscuring the view of your yard and garden from neighbours and passers-by, you will be able to relax completely and really enjoy your outside spaces this summer.
- Buy New Garden Furniture – Outdoor tables and chairs take a great deal of punishment from the elements over the years and before you know it, they can look very sorry for themselves. Check out the condition of your garden and yard furniture before summer arrives and if it could really do with replacing, take a look at what is on offer locally. If you would like to build a new patio on which to place your new tables and chairs, or perhaps a beautiful gazebo to protect them from the rain and direct sunlight, we are the Toronto landscaping company that can help you to transform your outdoor area into the ideal space for family meals, impromptu summer parties and weekend barbecues.
For competitive quotations and impartial advice on how to prepare your yard for summer or how to effect a stunning transformation that will make it the envy of all your friends and neighbours, call today and speak to one of our advisors. With years of experience and a highly skilled team on our staff, we can promise you a first-class service and outstanding results at affordable prices.
ME Contracting is the most experienced and trusted Toronto landscaping company because our landscape designers know how to get the most out of every property during every month of the year. If you’re interested in maintaining engagement with the yard all year round give us a call and discuss possibilities with one of our landscape experts. Remember, you don’t have to abandon your yard just because the weather changes.