Sometimes an ambitious landscaping job can throw you a curveball. When this happens, you better call M.E. Contracting, Toronto landscaping contractors. We’re equipped to get the job done! In addition to offering a panoply of other outdoor construction services, we build sturdy, attractive retainer walls, which can make tacking a difficult outdoor design problem a breeze.
A retaining wall is a quick and easy way to achieve a dramatic change in ground elevation. Retaining walls confine soil to artificially-shaped slopes, allowing for a sharp drop to lower, even ground.
Why choose retaining walls?
There are many reasons why retaining walls are a superior choice to meet your landscaping needs. Some of these reasons include:
- Simplicity. Retaining walls are the easiest solution to an age-old problem. Rather than removing an entire hill or hollowing out a pit below base soil lines, you can construct retaining walls and accomplish the same thing more easily and with less environmental impact. Retaining walls have long been used in hillside farming, and even a dirt basement is technically considered a type of retaining wall. It’s the natural, no-frills solution to an otherwise irritating problem.
- Cost. Considering the aforementioned simplicity of retaining walls as a landscaping option, retaining walls are comparatively inexpensive. This is especially true when you come to M.E. Contracting, where you get a good deal every time. Why pay for an overpriced landscaping option offered by a competitor who will nickel and dime you?
- Aesthetic Appeal. Retaining walls are simple, classic features of landscape design. Depending on your preferences for materials and other surface design features, your wall can appear bucolic, modern, or simply unobtrusive and naturalistic.
If these factors aren’t enough to convince you, consider the benefits of coming to M.E. Contracting for your retainer walls. We have years of experience and have perfected a unique level of technical expertise. In addition to providing safe and speedy installation, we are able to build a variety of different types of retainer walls, such as:
- Gravity retaining walls. These are fairly standard retaining walls that resist soil pressure through mass. M.E. Contracting can craft gravity walls using stone, wood, concrete, masonry units, and more. These retaining walls make it easy to dig trenches and are flexible in frost areas.
- Cantilevered retaining walls. Cantilevered retaining walls use fewer materials than gravity retaining walls but are reinforced with steel or concrete supports, maximizing their ability to withstand pressure.
- Sheet piling retaining walls. Sheet piling retaining walls are best in areas with soft soil. Vinyl, steel, or wooden sheets of material are used to cordon off the soil, and in the case of larger variations in elevation, an anchor is used for additional support.
- Anchored retaining walls. Anchored retaining walls are gravity, cantilevered, or sheet piling retaining walls with an added anchor or other form of strength enhancement, such as support cables. Since these walls are capable of withstanding extreme pressure and heavy loads, M.E. Contracting can use them to meet some of the most extensive landscaping demands around.
Why exactly is M.E. Contracting the right choice for you? Well…
- We have a proud record of providing excellent service to the residents of Toronto and the surrounding metro area and suburbs. Our reputation speaks for itself.
- We are licensed and experienced, so we can be trusted to build safe, sturdy structures to meet your outdoor needs. You can always rest assured that anything M.E. Contracting builds for you is reliable and long-lasting.
- We keep costs low and are one hundred percent honest and transparent with all of our clientele. No games, no delays, no scams, and no gimmicks. Only professionalism and results.
So why delay your building project any longer? Hire M.E. Contracting to build your retaining walls!