The backyard pool has come a long way; from the 60’s and 70’s when above ground pools were all the rage to recent years when advances in materials have made fiberglass inground pools the most popular kind of pool from coast to coast. But the evolution of the pool has not stopped with the move to fiberglass. Every year brings new developments and trends and 2016 is no exception. So in this post we’re going to look at some of the hottest trends coursing their way through the swimming pool industry in 2016 that are highly noticed by your pool company experts at ME Contracting.. Perhaps one or more will find their way into your backyard this summer.
Our Pool Company Experts Chime in on Recent Trends
Some trends are initiated by the industry. Some are driven by pool owners and some just seem to come out of nowhere. Below are 6 trends our pool company experts are watching for this year.
- Fire and water: One of the hottest trends for 2016 is the inclusion of fire features at the edge of the pool. The fire/water contrast adds a touch of the dramatic to the pool area, particularly at night. Some are taking the opportunity to embellish the concept with tiki torches around the pool’s perimeter that serve to bolster the South Seas feel, while others are introducing floating fire elements into their pool environment.
- Knife edge pools: The knife edge pool is similar to the infinity pool except not every edge creates a horizon line. With a knife edge pool the surface of the water is even with the deck with only a small circulation slit separating the two. With a knife edge the pool company designer is seeking the cleanest lines and most harmonious relationship possible between the surface of the water and the surrounding environment.
- Hot and cold: Some pool owners want to be able to use their pool in April and May when the flowers are just starting to sprout from the Toronto As such pool heating systems are poised to break through this year. The heating system can extend the pool’s usability well into both the spring and fall, allowing you to get more out of your investment.
- The tanning ledge: The tanning ledge came into its own last year. It’s an offshoot of the main pool that’s about a foot deep and allows you to submerge as much or as little of yourself as you wish to regulate sun exposure. This year sees the development of furniture specifically designed for the tanning ledge that will make the experience more comfortable than ever.
- Plunge pools: Pools have become so popular that everybody wants to have one. As such even those with smaller lots are finding fun in the sun with the installation of smaller pools this year. These ‘plunge pools’ fit virtually any yard and provide the ability to cool down while adding a touch of elegance to the property that is hard to deny.
- Water features: While water features have been around for some time they really took off from a design perspective last year and that trend is expected to heat up in 2016. Some water features our pool company experts have been tasked with creating are extensive indeed with multiple waterfalls, trees and the aforementioned fire pits all getting in on the act.
2016 is shaping up as the year of the pool with all manner of embellishment and design advances helping to turn backyards nationwide into miniature water parks. If you’re looking for a pool company that can help make your inground pool dreams come true give M.E. Contracting in Toronto a call on 416-238-6700.