People in Toronto are hard-working individuals. You want somewhere that you can unwind at the end of the day. In today’s modern home, pergolas are turning boring gardens into relaxing getaways. There are several companies available to you that can meet your demands for a backyard oasis. By choosing a professional company with years of experience, your yard can be turned into the retreat that you dream of.
Benefits of Installing Pergolas on Toronto Properties
There are many benefits to having pergolas in Toronto. Aside for a place to relax, a pergola can offer:
- Protection from the Weather – You may be avoiding your garden because of a lack of shade, or a lack of adequate weather protection. A pergola can be the perfect answer. When coupled with climbing plants, these structures offer optimum protection from the sun and inclement weather.
- Unsightly Views – Perhaps there is nothing wrong with your garden, but the views you have from it are unsightly. Whether it’s an ugly house or an unkempt neighboring garden, you cannot enjoy your own yard. These structures can be built to effectively block the view that is ruining your ability to fully enjoy your property.
- Home Value – A pergola cannot help but add value to your home. It adds interest, provides protection from the weather, and gives plants a place to thrive.
The benefits of adding one of these structures to your home in Toronto is clear; from protection from the weather to blocking unsightly views, a professionally installed pergola is a fantastic choice.
Materials Best Suited for the Building of a Pergola
Professional landscape designers have a variety of materials from which to choose when designing your structure. Among these are:
- Douglas fir Timber – Douglas Fir is typically known for its strength, stiffness and durability making it the strongest of Canada’s softwoods. Specifically, Coastal and Interior Douglas Fir is highly regarded for its rich pink heartwood and creamy white sapwood that adds the visual appeal of the product.
- Wrought Iron – Wrought Iron, is known for its simplistic yet classic appearance and strength; as a result, it is often used in industrial and other large-scale construction. It also requires little upkeep or maintenance due to its durability and aesthetic refinement.
- Wood Lattice – Wood lattice is perhaps the most budget-friendly option available to you. When combined with climbing plants and vines, these structures block unsightly views and provide ample shade.
- Bamboo – The beauty of bamboo is unparalleled. Bamboo is also one of the most sustainable resources utilized for landscape design.
- Brushwood – Brushwood can make your structure blend in seamlessly with the rest of your landscape. Natural and unassuming, this material is perfect for a more rustic look.
- Lumber – Modern pergolas can be made of raw or finished lumber. A benefit of using lumber is that larger, sturdier structures can be made. Lumber can also be used to build frames to support other materials.
A professional can build a structure for your property to your exact specifications and needs. Whether you choose lattice, bamboo, brushwood, lumber, or a combination of materials, your structure will look beautiful.
Whether you desire a place to relax or a means of blocking unsightly views from your back garden, a pergola is the perfect addition to your Toronto home. Made with your choice of a variety of materials, a professional designer can build and install a pergola that will blend seamlessly with your landscape design.
Call M.E Contracting to design and build your pergola in Toronto